Pumpkin Spice Season

There is a delightful chill in the air this morning that reminds me Fall is almost here. The leaves on a few trees behind my house have already turned red, blazing the way for Pumpkin Spice season.
Yesterday I got started on my decorating, going with a rustic combination theme of harvest time and ancestor veneration. I haven't gotten my wall hangings yet, but I will soon.

All that decorating got my creative juices flowing, and this year for today, the 14th anniversary of my dads passing through the veil, I put together this wall hanging. As you may have guessed or I may have said before, Dad was a painter. He did mostly residential wall or house painting, but also some faux marble and wood painting. He could also paint in oils beautifully. I saw a painting he did when he was younger and had time, and it made me sad that providing for us kids had stolen all his time from him for creating beautiful things. Ah, well, no changing it now. Now all I can do is be glad of the memories; playing mad dog, a rough housing game where he chased us around snarling and gnashing his teeth and when he caught us mauled us with tickles. Then there was movie night; we'd pick a movie to watch, turn it on, and then he'd turn the sound off and we all had to provide the sound and dialogue. I am so grateful to him for always fostering my creativity and pushing us kids to embrace our artistic side. Today I'll honor his memory with a glass of Rosé, Lasagna, and warm spicy scented candles and incense. Today I'll paint with gratitude in my heart for the gift he passed to me. I'll breathe the cool mountain air and rejoice in the love for the mountains I have because of where he and mom raised us.

Thank you, Daddy, and I hope you are resting well on the other side.


Comments

  1. Your Dad was a handsome and talented guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dad, was a special person! You know he is smiling and sending you love! I agree with Debra, he was a handsome and talented guy!
    I love how you decorated everything!!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keep The Dog Far Hence - poetry for the cruelest month

Lament For Luscious

Buds Bursting